Motivational Interviewing Techniques for Parents
Time & Location
About the event
“How do I motivate my child to change?”
We hear this question often when parents work with us to learn how to impact their child’s substance misuse or other distressing behavior. Motivational Interviewing is an evidence-based practice used worldwide to help an individual find their own motivation to change. Learn how Motivational Interviewing works and gain introductory skills to begin to apply the tools in your own relationships.
Learn an overview of these skills and take them home to begin applying immediately!
• Learn how MI helps people make positive changes in their life or with substance abuse or behavioral addiction patterns.
• Learn how MI uses respect, collaboration and strengthening of your loved one’s autonomy and intrinsic motivation to change.
• Understand resistance to change and how to help your child explore their ambivalence
• Understand how you can use techniques to move your child out of ambivalence and towards positive change
• Learn to set clear, firm boundaries while keeping the relationship supportive
- Reduced fee$10$100$0